This post from AK is kind of neat. VOTT overkill at Blue Bottle Cafe in North Oakland - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

This post from AK is kind of neat. VOTT overkill at Blue Bottle Cafe in North Oakland - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Cool Beans........ get it, it's a coffee shop, coffee beans???, ok maybe not. :-)
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA

the kanter guy's got a bit of altec hate going on there.![]()
Sonic Barbarian

Just looked over his resume...honestly, not impressive as none of those brands would I want to buy.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
maybe, but the last few shows..concerts , I went to see had almost no mids. a bunch of subs running well into the 3rd octive, and a bunch of tops straining down into the crossover range. sounded horrible. in controled enviroments and critical listening sessions, I would rather turn up the big rig and wander around the property, I live on 5 acres, where it sounds live, full, and effortlessly strong at just a few watts, a thousand feet away. try that with the bookshelf variety of 'hifi' speakers. im thinking they would sound week, tinny, and overworked into distortion at anywhere over 50 ft for sure. just my 2cents, whatever that's worth these days
Last edited by valhallax; June 24th, 2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling
"those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928
Bookmarks